Monday, May 9, 2016

Makeover Monday 3

 

I thought since we’re in this beautiful season of spring, I will share a few snapshots I took of God’s beautiful creation showing off it’s spring colors.

My sister has these awesome flowerbeds filled with perennials of all sorts, rocks and other natural things. The one I’m featuring today is located on a slope, so low growing plants, such as Ajuga, Sweet Woodruff, Hostas and Forget me nots, just to name a few, look great in it.

 

IMG_2597

IMG_2604

I had a curious little critter posing for me while I was taking the pictures. :)

IMG_2598

IMG_2607

Don’t you love the color combination? My sister sells her plants on Etsy. You can visit her shop here.

Now, on to a makeover..

A few weeks ago I spent a number of days painting wainscoating, trim, doors and walls in a home. This can be quite time consuming, but well worth it.

All of the trim,wainscoating and doors are oak and had turned orangish in color. I applied three coats of Do It Best paint/primer in one on these surfaces. Everything was painted white but the kitchen wainscoating and a small hall vanity was painted gray. I will have more on the kitchen later this year since I will possibly be painting the kitchen cabinets too.

For now, here are a few before and after pics..

IMG_2460

IMG_2570

 

 

IMG_2461

IMG_2584

A few Mondays ago I had posted some furniture makeovers here. One of the pieces, a chest of drawers, resides in this home..

IMG_2574

The blue wall color is called Mystic, by Do It Best.

I loved this little plant that was fixed up by the ten year old daughter that lives here.

IMG_2575

IMG_2578

I didn’t get very many pictures, but you can tell what a difference once again that paint can make in a home!Have a great week, everyone!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment