Finally, after weeks of working on my six year old son’s bedroom (I wasn’t at it 24/7 though) - I have the revealing! First I’ll show you the before pictures (clutter and all)...
As you can see, the colors are nursery pastels. The last I painted was when Ephraim was a baby. That’s long for me!
I told Ephraim I might steal this room from him..I think it’s the ocean theme that is so attractive to me since that’s one of my favorite places to be!
We put in the carpeting ourselves and I basically painted everything else in sight, including the bedroom suite.
The thing that took so much time was the wall mural. I enjoyed doing it but discovered it’s very time consuming.This was the first step, painting a huge rectangle on the wall…
After many details later this was the result…
I had a map that I found online that I looked off of a little. Most of the pictures I also got online and transferred with carbon paper.
Hubby and I made this desk for Kenny a few years ago and I decided it fits with this room better than Kenny’s. (I promised him another)
I found these old fishing lures in the cabin down by the pond a few years ago and always had intentions of doing something with them.
I wanted a real old wooden oar and couldn’t seem to find one so this one will do for now.
I got this box a few years ago in Pat Catans and painted it black. I printed out this little fish and glued it on.
I made this rustic sign naming some of our favorite places.
The boat frame comes from The Flower Factory and the “E” from Pat Catans.
I found this neat fish basket in a local antique mall. The fish I got at Pat Catans. This idea of hanging up a fish basket I stole from one of my favorite blogs -
(Yes, I am guilty of doing that!)
Here’s another idea I got from that blog…
It’s not exactly the same, but similar. I used an old shirt of Kenny’s to make the sail. Thought it was kinda cool that the stamp on the shirt says “old navy.” I made sure that came on the sail corner. The red star was also on the shirt sleeve. I cut it out and sewed it on the top sail. I spray painted the twigs to make them show up more on the dark wall.
An old trunk that comes from my great grandpa.
I ended up making the quilt and sham. I searched everywhere online for a quilt with the colors I wanted and finally gave up and made one. I have a tutorial on this:
Also on the tutorial are instructions on how I did this lamp shade and picture frame.
The paint is one of the many gallons I got at ORMES hardware for $3.99!! The dark color is Catalyst Steel and the light colored walls are white with a little bit of catalyst steel mixed in. It made a nice neutral grayish, tannish color.
Hope you enjoyed the tour! Next will probably be Kenny’s room… have a good weekend, everyone!