Wednesday, May 31, 2017

End Table Makeover

 

I can’t believe we are in June already! Seriously, how does the time go by so fast? I enjoy this season so much and would love to hit a pause button!

I apologize for not posting more often on here. I have been so busy with a number of things which I will do a quick photo tour of..

 A huge deck renovation we have going on..

IMG_8763

Not the best picture, but you can tell the railing is missing and the floor is stripped, waiting to be stained. We also installed a new front door, which I love! (I feel lucky to have a hubby that works with doors, enabling us to get them for a good price.)

Getting ready for the vintage fair.. 

IMG_8630IMG_8633

IMG_8639IMG_8576

 

Gardening…

IMG_2471

And of course doing the usual fun spring time activities like sitting around the fire, fishing, walks, etc..

IMG_8365

IMG_8430

Not sure what’s up with the broom? :)

This is our lunch time view at times during these beautiful days..(gotta take time for this too :)

IMG_8655

I also spent a day last week with mom and sis at Kingwood Center. What a beautiful place! We had visited in the past, but not the last few years and it was great again to walk through acres of beautiful gardens, huge trees, park benches, old buildings, fountains, and the list goes on. I took a lot of pictures, so I’ll only share a few…

IMG_8686

IMG_8731

IMG_8735

IMG_8748

IMG_8740

I could have sat here all day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, on to the end table makeover!

I got this table from someone awhile back and finally got around to doing something with it.

IMG_8572

I gave it a coat of gray paint and designed a Roman numeral, French style clock on the top. I used my Silhouette Cameo for the numerals and parchment paper for the center. I know there’s all kinds of tutorials out there on how to get all the numbers nice and evenly set apart, but being in the usual hurry that I was, I just gave it a shot by guessing. It’s not perfect but it will work..

IMG_8769

IMG_8771

IMG_8784

IMG_8786

After adding the design to the top, I applied wax to give it a smooth, protective finish.

IMG_8779

The table will be available at the Walnut Creek Vintage Fair on June 24th. Mark your calendars, it’s coming up!

Have a great rest of the week, you all!

 

--Mary-----

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, I have not been on your site for so long it is shameful.
    Oh those hills and sights of Holmes County, it truly is a great place to live.
    Hope you and your wonderful family are doing well as so are we. I just painted a small table
    and am very happy with the out come, thanks to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea! Turned put awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The easiest way to divide the circle into 12, is to cut a circle the same size as the table top out of scrap paper (I used newspaper) and then fold it in half, then fold that in half. Fold this into 3, open it up and you'll have 12 evenly spaced sections.

    ReplyDelete