Wednesday, November 30, 2016

2016 Christmas Home Tour

 

This year I was really in the mood to decorate early for Christmas, even though I’m busy getting ready for a craft fair that is in December, meaning I don’t exactly have time for anything extra, but when these moods strike, what’s one to do but give in to them?

I do love these evenings with little lights everywhere and the smell of scented candles burning. Every year when I put up all these decorations, I can’t imagine wanting to take them down again, but come January, that’s what I’ll be doing!

So, now, welcome to our Holiday home…

IMG_6834

IMG_6835

IMG_6836

IMG_6844

This picture wall is something I just added. I will be replacing the backgrounds in the frames with seasonal designs as the year goes by.

IMG_6848

IMG_6849

A few years ago I made the coffee filter trees on the middle shelf and am still using them. For a tutorial on how to make your own click here.

IMG_6850

IMG_6851

The little twig reindeer made their way out of storage again this year. For a tutorial on how I made them, click here.

IMG_6838

I had a vision for the mantle this year, but I wasn’t sure if it would happen, price wise. I wanted a snowy village scene and I soon found out small stuff can be expensive. :( But, thankfully I found these glass buildings at Goodwill for $1 each!

IMG_6840

IMG_6842

My son helped me fix this up. We used books for the “hills” and placed string lights over them. Then we used quilt batting to cover the lights, and poked holes through the batting to stick the lights into the houses. After everything was set up, we made it snow, using fake snow, of course! It was a bit messy, but an easy clean up and well worth it. I love to see the village lit up in the evening!

IMG_6881

IMG_6879

IMG_6880

Don’t you just want to be little, and stroll through our snowy village? :)

IMG_6843

Now, the tree.. this year we invested in a real looking, fake tree, which I love! Though it was a bit pricier than I like to spend, we will have it in the years to come. It is still minus a star on top and gifts at the bottom, but for now it will do..

IMG_6856

IMG_6857

If you like the wall scroll by the tree, you may want to visit my booth in the upcoming craft fair. I will have several of these available, along with quotes for year round decoration.

IMG_6882

IMG_6864

IMG_6869

IMG_6872

I think I will always have some kind of wintery snow globe going on. :) It’s a little hard to see with the reflection but there’s a pickup with a tree on the back, waiting to be taken home in this snow scene.

IMG_6873

IMG_6877

I still want to make a wreath or two for the Holiday season, and maybe fix the porch up a bit, but for now, this will do! I hope you enjoyed the tour and thanks for visiting!

-Mary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment