Saturday, December 8, 2012

Frosty the Snowman

Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul,
With a corncob pipe and a button nose
And two eyes made out of coal.

Well, maybe this Frosty doesn’t have a button nose and a corncob pipe but he does look like a jolly, happy fellow, doesn’t he?

IMG_7618

He’s also very simple to make. And not to mention, hardly costs a dime. All you need is seven pieces of wood cut offs…

IMG_7603

There’s more than one way to make the little guy. For this one, I used two 11” pieces for the bottom. Two 8” pieces for the middle and one 5” piece for his face. These pieces are all 4” wide. For the hat I used a 51/2” x 7” piece with a 3”x3”x4” topper.

You can arrange the pieces how you want, adding more for a taller snowman or less for a shorter one.

IMG_7605

Next, I glued the pieces together and fastened them with nails. ( I did get hubby to hammer some of them since the wood was pretty hard and the nails wanted to go in crooked) Next time I’d stick with faithful screws. Either way, It works best to drill holes for the nails and screws first.

IMG_7606

Next, I painted him…

IMG_7607

IMG_7613

Lastly I added the buttons, nose and scarf. I cut the nose I cut out of scrapbooking paper. I glued everything with my trusty glue gun.

IMG_7616

Frosty will make a nice gift or a simple country decoration for your own home…

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment