Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tray Tables makeover


Colorful leaves floating in the air, deep blue skies, crickets, crisp air and apple cider are just a few beautiful things about autumn. I love this time of the year and wish it would hang around a bit longer!

I am especially enjoying this nice weather we are having since it’s perfect to work outside on the many makeovers I have going on all the time.

You all are probably about tired of these posts all the time but I wanted to share a few more before Friday, the big day of the Farmhouse Fair, in hopes of tempting you to come. :)

My mom found these TV trays or little folding tables at a garage sale and knew it was something I’d want..

IMG_0195

Pardon the clutter in the background. :/ The reason I am always so attracted to these little tables is because we love the few we have floating around our home. They are so handy to set up quickly as an end table or even as a place to set a laptop. We have also used them as nightstands. They are just that right size to tuck away, yet easy to get and put to use.

IMG_0357

These of course, were screaming paint me! I don’t especially like this yellowish color.

The first thing I did was take the tops off since I knew I wanted the legs a different color than the tops. I painted the legs black, using my trusty sprayer.

I’m not sure what it is with me, but I’m liking some black again. Not too much, but just a touch. I like the combination of stained wood and black so that is what I went with for these.

I didn’t get any pictures of this but I also cut some grooves into the tops with the table saw. I had to set the blade way down and remove the guard in order to do this. I think grooves of any sort give a piece that farmhouse flair.

After the grooves were cut in, I gave the tops a coat of stain. I can’t tell you what color the stain was since the label wasn’t on the can anymore. I’d guess a dark honey color. I applied this using a rag and rubbing some of it off.

Now the fun part of applying some more character with the greatest invention ever, the Silhouette Cameo..

Getting to the point here is the before again, followed by the after..

IMG_0357

IMG_0553

IMG_0548

IMG_0551

IMG_0560

IMG_0566

Sorry to bombard you with pictures like this but I like to play around with different lightings and angles..

IMG_0565

IMG_0555

IMG_0557

Anyway, I imagine if these lil tables don’t get adopted into a new home, I shall keep them for myself. :)

I hope you enjoyed this before and after show and are inspired to give a new look to a piece instead of discarding it!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, these look amazing! And to think, I had some of these and sold them..Lol...I wish I had your eye!

      Delete