Thursday, April 27, 2017

Springtime Garden Blessings

 

Where do I even begin to express myself how I feel about this time of the year? PARADISE is what comes to mind. What have I ever done to deserve to live in such beauty? All seasons have beauty, but I feel in the springtime, when everything bursts forth in color, is when God REALLY shows His awesome, indescribable ability to CREATE. I’m so grateful for it.

We are blessed to live on a property that is completely private. No one can see us. We have neighbors not too far off, but they can’t see us and we can’t see them. We have acres and acres of land in three directions that aren’t settled. The fourth direction points toward the road, where there are people, of course. To give you an idea of our surroundings, here is a photo I took the other evening when we were out for a walk..

IMG_8354

That’s our home maybe a quarter mile off. ( I’m just guessing, not good with distance) If I’d turn around in the spot where I took the picture, I would see more rolling hills with no houses for a good distance. Again, just guessing, probably a few miles.

IMG_8355

To think that we are only a few miles from Berlin, and have this much stomping ground is something to be thankful for. Now, just praying it stays that way!

We have been having such beautiful weather so far this spring. The flowering trees and shrubs are blooming to their fullest.

I took so many pictures of my gardens the other day that I collaged some together so I wouldn’t slow down your loading time too much.

I always enjoy other people’s garden tours so I will share these pictures with all you gardeners..

Enjoy the tour..

IMG_8210

IMG_8208

IMG_8218

IMG_8214

IMG_8241

IMG_8253

IMG_8259

Spring time blessings2

IMG_8260

IMG_8269

IMG_8324

IMG_8411

Spring time blessings1

IMG_8409

IMG_8414

IMG_8293

IMG_8360

Spring time blessings

IMG_8231

IMG_8243

Pebbles was stalking frogs, as you can see by the guilty look when I said her name.:/

IMG_8262

I hope you are all having a lovely spring!

Thanks for vising my blog!

-Mary

4 comments:

  1. It's a simply stunning property. I especially love that pink dogwood and lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! and yes, you are so fortunate to live so secluded so close to Berlin!
    Can you give this not-so-green-thumb some tips are starting flower beds for a beginner? We bought a fairly new house with no landscaping so I pretty much have a clean slate, but I also have no real vision what to do with it! Another blog post idea maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, your property & gardens...absolutely stunning! I swear you turn everything you touch into AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete