Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Linda’s Home

 

Home is the nicest word there is.

                                              -Laura Ingalls Wilder

 

Isn’t that true? Coming home is always a good thing, even when you visit the most beautiful paradises, there’s just nothing quite like coming home again.

I have a friend Linda who has the most inviting, warm, tastefully decorated home, inside and out. Her home really reflects her. She has a kind heart and is always doing things for others. I’ve always said if there were more Lindas in the world, it would be a better place!

I feel pictures don’t really justify her home, but I will share a few with you. Imagine, as you look at the pictures, the smell of a candle wafting throughout her house or the scent of flowers as you stroll through her flowerbeds. Every time I stop in, she has fresh garden tea steeping in a tea pot. We sit a while and chat, watching the birds at her feeder. There are an abundance of Baltimore Orioles and even a few Orchard Orioles steadily coming for the grape jelly Linda sets out for them.

You get the picture… 

We’ll start outside…

IMG_6393 

IMG_6371

Love the flag that she made!

IMG_6372

IMG_6373

IMG_6376

IMG_6383

IMG_6377

IMG_6382

Love the potting shed!

IMG_6387

IMG_6384

IMG_6385

Adorable fairy gardens..

IMG_6386

IMG_6394

IMG_6397

IMG_6396

Step inside…

IMG_6399

IMG_6405

IMG_6401

IMG_6406

IMG_6407

Like I mentioned before, pictures hardly capture everything, but I imagine you could sense the lived in feeling people get when visiting Linda’s home!

I hope you enjoyed the tour!

-Mary

 

 

   

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary...I so love the feel of your blog, Thank you for giving us a "smell" if the outdoors. I long for Holmes County, I'm coming this fall...yaaaa!

    ReplyDelete