Saturday, December 7, 2013

Simple Christmas decorations

 

This year I got the urge to do some Christmas decorating a few days before Thanksgiving which for me, is a little unusual. I’m thinking it was due to the beautiful snow we got then…

IMG_0094

I did all my decorations spending almost nothing! Some of them were from past years and this year I felt like using lots of naturals, including pine, twigs and different evergreen shrubbery.

IMG_0139

 

IMG_0119

 

IMG_0132

 

IMG_0121

 

IMG_0128

 

IMG_0126

 

IMG_0129

For these, I printed out music notes and wrapped them around the glass containers that hold candles, tying with raffia.

 

IMG_0141

 

I made this sled last year using an old mirror holder ( the old kind that held an oval mirror on top of a dresser) for the runners.

To see more thrifty ideas, click here to read about the mantle. Click here to see an easy way to create snow globes.

Happy decorating, everyone!

-Mary

5 comments:

  1. Mary, where do you find the music paper to print out? Love your decorations, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. :) I got a page from my niece's music book and copied that... I imagine you could download from online too... microsoft word might have some in their clipart section..

      Delete
  2. Love your decorations, so simple and beautiful! Where did you get your living room furniture? I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. :) We got our furniture this summer and totally love it! It's not expensive furniture but hopefully it will last a while! The sofa with the chaise we got at American Freight for around $500. The loveseat with the stripes is from Jerry's home furnishings in Wooster, OH for about the same price. I don't know where you are from but the tag on the love seat said "simple elegan" Also "Westbrook"..not sure which is the actual brand..you might want to google that if you're interested in a piece..

      Delete
  3. Love the natural look. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete