Saturday, November 23, 2013

Christmas Project 1 – Snow Globes

 

Yep, it’s that time of year again… time to remove the fall decorations (decorations that are changing from orange & yellow to brown… and losing shape)

 

IMG_4178

IMG_3967

IMG_3961

A quick gardening tip: (which you may already know) I like to store my mums indoors somewhere in a cool dry place over winter. Come spring, they will sometimes grow out and can be planted in your flower bed. They will have a better root system for the next winter, thus giving them a better chance at surviving cold Ohio winters.

Anyway, putting away fall décor means digging out the Christmas decorations. I always like to make some of my own holiday decorations. It’s thrifty and fun! Today I got the urge to create some snow globes using various sized jars I had around here…

IMG_0018

Fake snow…

IMG_0019

Little trees from Walmart… I think these could be made using brushes (I think I’ve seen it on Pinterest) I didn’t pay a lot for them $0.75 – $2.00…

IMG_0020

My trusty glue gun and also the lids for the jars. I did end up painting some of the lids white…

IMG_0021

First I glues the trees to the lids. I tried to use the larger trees for the larger jars…

IMG_0022

After putting some “snow” in the jars, they were ready for the trees..

 

IMG_0028

I made sure to coat the sides with snow to make it look nice and glittery..

 

IMG_0035

IMG_0037

Seeing these makes me want to ( as the boys would say) shrink, and walk into the jars. I can almost hear boots crunching in the snow and feel snowflakes blowing against my face. Smile

 

IMG_0039

I think these will be part of the mantle display this winter. Now for a nice natural, evergreen garland to go with them…a Monday project, maybe?

Check back for more Christmas crafting in the next week or so!

-Mary

4 comments:

  1. NOw isn't this the cutest thing!! So easy and darling! Looking forward to more later. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious how you coated the sides of the jars with the snow? These are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete