Monday, October 7, 2013

My White & Aqua Kitchen

 

Finally, I’m getting around to posting my kitchen makeover! A few weeks ago I spent nearly a week redoing my kitchen and I’ve been so busy with other things lately that I haven’t gotten around to sharing this makeover with you. I better get this posted before I redo it again! Surprised smile Just kidding!

So far I really, really like my kitchen. I have a wall that needs a little work sometime in the future, but otherwise it’s pretty well complete.

Here’s how it looked before along with what I wanted to do in the makeover…

kitchen 1

IMG_2695[4]

 

The after…

 

IMG_3934

IMG_4158

 

About the only thing I didn’t paint was the cabinets. I still like the tan color and thought it goes well enough with white and aqua.

 

IMG_3916

 

IMG_4125

IMG_3935

IMG_4126

 

Years ago I picked up yards of this fabric at a discounted price and I was really tickled when I saw how well it goes with my kitchen.

 

IMG_4177

IMG_4124

 

IMG_4168

 

IMG_4128

I picked up a roll of automotive carpeting for $4.25 at a local fabric outlet store and painted this design on it.

IMG_4147

 

IMG_4148

 

IMG_4149

I printed off a design I liked from online and cut my own stencil. I used cardstock to make the stencil. I went through three of them since the paper would start to tear when it was soaked in paint.

I added a fabric medium to white paint to apply.

 

IMG_4161

 

Love the freshness of white!

 

IMG_3920

 

I really thought of taking some white and aqua paint to the table & chairs… who knows, maybe one of these days…

Thanks for visiting!

-Mary

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Oh, OH!! So perfect and soooo refreshing!! I just LOVE everything you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I really love that corner cabinet. That shade of blue is just perfect for it.
    I wish I was as fast as you are. I finally got the walls done, now I'm working on the trim. I might actually get it done by Christmas..... Christmas next year that is:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I LOVE this! I especially love the contrast of the dark table, chairs and light fixture against the white and aqua. Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color did you use on the island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodlawn Valley Haze is the name of the aqua paint... think it's Valspar's color, but I used Do it best brand paint.

      Delete