Sunday, September 17, 2017

Paint and Glaze Nightstand Makeover


Happy Monday, everyone! This is a very short post on two nightstands I painted last week..

Hubby found these for a reasonable price at a garage sale he went past a few weeks ago. (he knows my heart :) )

IMG_0072

IMG_20170904_160350582_HDR

As you can see, they are in very good shape, they just need some paint in my opinion.:)

I gave them a coat of white Do It Best brand paint in satin. I applied this with my sprayer.

After that was nice and dry, I glazed them. I used Valspar’s antiquing wax.

wax

I used a bristle brush to brush it onto the stand, one section at a time, and rubbed it off with a rag. Since these stands have a lot of extra moldings, it gave the wax a place to settle in, adding character. I also applied the antiquing wax to the tops and didn’t wipe it off. It gave them a nice dark color and still allowed the grain of the wood to show through..


IMG_0242

IMG_0250


IMG_0243

Little miss Pebbles always knows when to show her sweet self, even if it’s in a photo bomb form. :)

IMG_0245

I painted both stands the same so they would make a nice match for a bedroom or living room. They will be available in the up coming Holiday Farmhouse Show by Walnut Creek Vintage Fair.


I’ve also been working some on scrolls, which I plan to have at the fair, weather permitting.

IMG_9735

IMG_9556

IMG_0236

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for visiting my blog!

-Mary




3 comments:

  1. Do you sand your furniture before applying the paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do if it's extra smooth or glossy and needs a little roughening up, but for these nightstands I just used a liquid sandpaper..You apply it with a rag and it gets all the dirt off, plus it deglosses it too..The product I use is called Krud Kutter. I think Walmart may have it, but I usually get it at my local hardware.

      Delete