Saturday, February 25, 2017

Bench Makeover

 

Last week I had the privilege of meeting a very special family whom I did some painting for. I had the most enjoyable time with them and miss them already:) They were such an inspiration to me and we had a lot of good talks. :)

I am not presently painting for people on a regular basis but this was arranged last year that I would do some painting this winter in their kitchen, including a cabinet makeover. This I will post later on.

I also redid an old wooden bench for these people that I want to share with you on this post.

First, here is a before picture of the bench..

IMG_7362

We’ve been having some beautiful February weather so I was able to paint it outside..

IMG_7365

After two coats of white water based paint and some sanded edges it looked like this..

IMG_7367

I wanted to add a quote to the top of it, something that would fit for a kitchen, since that is where the bench will reside…

I used my new favorite toy, the Silhouette Cameo to cut out a quote. When I cut out stencils, I use cheap contact paper instead of expensive vinyl for the stencil.

IMG_7446

IMG_7447

IMG_7448

My favorite part of this process is peeling away the contact paper! :)

IMG_7459

After a coat of Annie Sloan wax, the bench was done!

IMG_7457

IMG_7451

IMG_7453

I hope you are all having a great winter…Thanks for visiting!

-Mary

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites Mary! I love the bench together with your table & chairs!

    ReplyDelete