Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer Mantle

 

In summer, the song sings itself…

                                                                                            Carlos Williams

 

Summer Mantle

Pictured above are some of the things that come to mind when I think of summertime. Green grass, lazy days, croaking frogs, ( which I hear as I’m typing ) :) honeysuckle, water melon, s’mores, pool time, Wood thrush,  and the list goes on. What an awesome time of year! Although it’s a little dry in our area now, we’ve had such a nice summer so far.

I fixed up the mantle the other day using one of my favorite summer blooms, the Annabelle Hydrangea as a centerpiece. What a joy it is to go out in the gardens and select something to bring indoors to enjoy!

IMG_4163

IMG_4160

I printed out the banner using shanty 2 chic’s website for the letters and the triangle shape. To get the blue and white stripes, I first printed them onto plain white paper, using Microsoft Office Word.

IMG_4166

IMG_4167

On another note, since I like adding a splash of blue in the mostly white living room, I was a little tickled when the coffee table I redid for the vintage fair didn’t sell. :) I admit that at times I put a really good price on items that I secretly want for myself, in hopes that it may be left over at the end of the day. :)  It doesn’t always work though!

IMG_4170

IMG_4112

I hope you are all having a great summer! Thanks for visiting and.. until next time!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment