Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Paradise Gardens

I don’t want to sound complainy but is anyone else tired of this out of the ordinary cold, snowy Ohio winter we have had?

 

IMG_0801

 

IMG_0727

 

It has it’s beauty, but after weeks and weeks of it, it makes me crave for mud, even.

I felt the need to post something summerish, a breath of green in wall of gray, if that makes sense…

Last summer mom, my sister and I were invited for a coffee break at a friends house. This friend (who is also my aunt) is the most amazing woman. She has gardens that look like they come right out of country gardens magazine and a house that looks like pottery barn! She fixed an awesome brunch for us and we dined outdoors amongst flowers, greenery, pottery barn lanterns, a rushing creek, summer breezes, I could go on and on. She even had a fire going in the fire pit close by where she heated the coffee!

 

IMG_3626

 

You almost had to be there to appreciate. I feel the pictures I took were a little hurried and don’t really justify how it actually was. I was so intent on going to the next display that I probably didn’t focus enough on getting a perfect shot on the one before!

 

IMG_3633

 

IMG_3623

 

IMG_3619

 

IMG_3624

 

I wish I would have thought to take pictures of the food but I neglected to. Here is where we dined…

 

IMG_3652

 

She had beautiful roses floating in a granite bowl on the table…

 

IMG_3618

 

IMG_3621

 

IMG_3625

 

IMG_3628

 

IMG_3630

 

IMG_3632

 

IMG_3637

 

There is a deck built out overlooking the ever rushing creek you can see in the background...

 

IMG_3635

 

Lots of little paths meandering through the trees…

 

IMG_3636

 

IMG_3638

 

IMG_3639

 

IMG_3640

 

IMG_3645

 

IMG_3646

 

IMG_3647

 

IMG_3650

 

IMG_3651

 

IMG_3653

 

To bad I can only relate to you the sights. To be there and smell the flowers, candles and greenery and hear the musical sound of water, and taste the delicious food was heavenly. It was truly like sitting in paradise! I hope you enjoyed and I apologize if I gave you a bad case of spring fever! Smile

-Mary 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous garden! That almost makes me envious. Does she do garden tours? She should!
    I'm also very tired of winter. I'm on my ipad almost every night looking at plants and making my hosta list. It's getting rather long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Breath taking pictures!!

    ReplyDelete