Saturday, February 18, 2012

Little Spaces

 

I’ve been so busy painting for people that I haven’t had much time to spend in the shop. That all should change soon since I’m planning on taking off from painting for a while. The other day I did have a free day that the boys were both in school and I kept seeing this empty space in the kitchen that I thought needs a little something.

 

IMG_3627

 

IMG_3626

 

I’ve also been wanting to add curtains on the windows around the table so I set to work to try and spruce things up a bit. I made a little table that is just right to use for the computer.

 

IMG_3630

IMG_3631 

The old window and stool I found at a local antique mall. (window- $1.00 and the stool- $9.00) The one pane in the window was missing so I added a corkboard and the other one I painted with chalkboard paint. I painted the stool a dark brown and distressed it.

IMG_3632

IMG_3628

 

I even got a little help with the table!

 

IMG_3623

After giving the table a coat of off white paint, I rubbed some dark brown on it and wiped off giving it an aged look. I also sanded the edges before applying the dark brown. After the paint dried I gave it a coat of varnish.

Now the curtains…

IMG_3636

IMG_3634

I bought this fabric at a local outlet store for $5.95 a yard. I got two yards and had plenty left over. I’ve never been too much of a curtain person but so far I’ve liked the look in the kitchen. I thought with the curtains and a rug beneath the table it completes the dining area.

IMG_3637

IMG_3638

This rug comes from one of my favorite stores in Berlin – Olde Thyme Country store.

IMG_3639

The center piece now ( which gets changed quite a lot ) is a lantern from P. Graham Dunn. I can’t remember where I got the berries. The mirror comes from Walmart.

These days I am really battling with spring fever…after all, it’s just around the corner!! I spend a lot of time doing this.….

IMG_3642

IMG_3641

IMG_3643

It’s free to dream!

12 comments:

  1. It's really value able. Thanks for helping most of your visitors
    See more...

    ReplyDelete

  2. WOW! Amazing.You are always an inspiration.
    learned alot about the blogs from you.
    And started my own Here's my site
    Thanks for all

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really works great for your visitors. I hope every one will agree with me you are giving
    real time info and experience
    see more..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece of content. Exactly to the point and concise with all the information.
    read more..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
    see more

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete
  8. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is literally helpful. Keep doing work on that sort of posts.
    my website

    ReplyDelete