Turning a drab basement room into a laundry room that looks half decent is not the easiest thing to do. With pipes, conduit and other unappealing things showing everywhere it will always look kinda like it needs a facelift. Maybe someday I’ll figure out a way to disguise it from what it really is. For now this will have to do…
We used the former kitchen countertops to provide a space to set things or fold clothes. They were cut down a couple of inches in width.
Note the clothes pins…I once bought a basket in a garage sale that contained these pins. I was definitely more impressed with the clothes pins than the basket!
I found these old looking soap boxes in Pat Catans and couldn’t resist.
This little counter section comes in handy beside the laundry tub. A place to hang mops & brooms is also a must. I just painted a board and put some nails in.
John picked up the cupboards at a remodel job. They were going to pitch them and thankfully once again he thought of me! I painted them white and added “knobs.”
I got the fabric for this curtain at a local outlet store for cents. The little chair served as a booster seat for the boys and now I use it to sit on all forenoon as I wait on my wash. ( just kidding )
The sign I hand painted. I crackled it first, using dark red and white paint. (red first, then crackling glue and white on top ) I used stencils for the letters.
I make my own laundry soap which I really like. For heavily soiled clothes I do add Biz or Arm & Hammer with Oxi clean to the load. Here is the recipe:
1 bar Fels Naptha soap melted in 1 gallon of water
1 1/2 cup Borax
2 cups Washing soda (arm & hammer)
2 1/2 cups laundry detergent ( I use liquid )
Put in a 5 gallon bucket & fill with water
I tried to figure out how much this costs and it’s not more than five dollars! You can get everything at Walmart.
Have a great day, everyone!