Thursday, December 21, 2017

DIY Topiary Tree


Hi everyone! I have to share a quick tutorial on these little topiary trees I am making for table centerpieces at a family Christmas gathering. I know this is very last minute to be in time for Christmas, but I know some family Christmas celebrations aren’t until after the 25th, so maybe this can be of help for someone, or if you are just looking for cute little holiday decoration to be had, this might work!

I came across a similar topiary tree on Pinterest and don’t have the link, but I know it was Stonegable’s blog where she also shared a tutorial on making one.

So, here goes..

I bought all my supplies at Pat Catans. I was shopping for decor for two long, 20’ tables and like I usually do, I gravitated toward earthy, natural things..

IMG_0109

First I used wicker balls and sprayed them with snow spray.

IMG_0110

IMG_0118

I then stuck fake boxwood sprigs into the ball, gluing some of them down.

IMG_0120

IMG_0121

I then went outside and collected Hydrangea stems ..

IMG_0115

IMG_0116

I had some foam that I cut into chunks to put into the cups..

IMG_0122

IMG_0123

I stuck the Hydrangea sticks into the balls and glued the ends to hold.

After adding little foam ornaments and giving the “tree” another coat of snow spray, it was done!

IMG_0141

I added shredded “snow” to the cup, along with a few foam ornaments..

IMG_0151

IMG_0135

I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and are inspired to make some yourself!

Merry Christmas!!

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete