Monday, December 18, 2017

2017 Holiday Cottage Tour


Christmas time is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for! There’s nothing more cozy than flickering candles and twinkling lights on these long evenings.

I like to display snowy looking decorations so they will be fitting for the remainder of the winter season. I ended up spraying most of the greenery with snow spray, including the tree!

Following is a quick tour of our home.. enjoy!


IMG_0027

IMG_0031

I used Dollar General’s duster refills for the snowy string you see wrapped around the tree. I apologize for not taking any pictures of this process!

I bought a few boxes of these soft, dusters from Dollar General and cut each one in half length-wise. I then fluffed them up and glued them together to make a “snow rope.”

I made the bow out of burlap ribbon. I discovered I am not a very good bow maker. Trust me, you don’t want to see the underside of it! I was thankful for every pin I had on hand.

IMG_0035

IMG_0040

My favorite ornaments on the tree are these adorable owls and birds I found in Walmart for a good price. They are so adorable!

IMG_0038

IMG_0032

IMG_0090

IMG_0094

IMG_0050

Just bringing some of the outside in can add so much to a room! I use a lot of real tree and shrub clippings. Love the natural look and smell!

IMG_0043

IMG_0060

For the mantle display I used all natural shrubbery clippings form my gardens. The smaller evergreens I sprayed with snow spray.

IMG_0056

IMG_0062

IMG_0053

Gotta have some red plaid in the mix!

IMG_0046

IMG_0070

The above scroll is available on my Etsy shop. 


Moving on to the dining room..

IMG_0068

IMG_0085

IMG_0077

I got these little trees at a local market and added the dropcloth for a farmhouse look. I’m hoping I can get them to survive the winter, then plant them outside come spring. 

IMG_0075

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

-Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment